Top Posts & Pages
- 14 points to consider for the 2014 referendum by George Mackin.
- A socialist platform with mass appeal.
- About us.
- Ecosocialist manifesto: 2nd draft
- Illness as ‘Deviance’, Work as Glittering Salvation and the ‘Psyching-up’ of the Medical Model: Strategies for Getting The Sick ‘Back To Work’.
- Man made nuclear disaster adds to Japan's ordeals
- The left and the denial of dialectics
- The Marginalization of Smokers Benefits Corporate Interests and Conditions the Populace to Accept Totalitarian Policies
- New blog format for International Green Socialist Magazine. Go to …rnationalgreensocialist.wordpress.com Please retweet. 4 years ago
- Daniel Pitt on Clegg's clueless Youth Contract charade. Plus more at internationalgreensocialist.org 5 years ago
Category Archives: Uncategorized
by Joanne Telfer This article was originally published on the Marxist World website in June 2016. Introduction At the time of writing the EU referendum appears to be balanced on a knife-edge and could go either way. Some imagine that … Continue reading
by Heiko Khoo Despite the ferocious and violent campaign orchestrated by the US backed Venezuelan opposition, the election of a Constituent Assembly was carried through successfully on Sunday 30th July. Delegates were elected from a wide range of organizations representing … Continue reading
Martin Stirner kindly gives us a preview of Chapter 4 of his forthcoming book: “Dialectic: From Hegel to Althusser”: “The mystification which dialectics suffers at Hegel’s hands by no means prevents him from being the first to present its general form … Continue reading
Introduction I’ve been intending to embark on a project to clarify the meaning of the noun dialectic and the adjective dialectical for many years because I believe that for many in the movement, these words are either obscure or misunderstood. … Continue reading
By Daniel Pitt. Britain’s first ever same-sex weddings will be celebrated in a few weeks from now after decades of gradual progress, but the shadow of homophobia still hangs on nations across the world. 76 countries still criminalise homosexuality and … Continue reading
The concentration of carbon dioxide in our atmosphere has climbed to critical levels, with the latest measurement of this gas by Hawaiian observers puts it at 400 parts per million or the highest rate in human history to put it … Continue reading
There are few things a Conservative is more adept at than stirring suspicious contempt of immigrants by employing racist scapegoats, as exemplified by a vile advertising campaign used across six London boroughs which involved a van telling illegal immigrants to … Continue reading
The abhorrent scandal of private firms abusing the power they were given by successive governments in controlling public services, from justice to welfare and health to defence, has once again been brought under public scrutiny as G4S and Serco were … Continue reading
George Osborne’s most recent budget perpetuates the disingenuous style of class war to protect the interests of an elite few. The government is poised to cut £11.5bn more as mapped out in a spending review which is undoubtedly geared towards … Continue reading