Top Posts & Pages
- 14 points to consider for the 2014 referendum by George Mackin.
- A socialist platform with mass appeal.
- About us.
- Ecosocialist manifesto: 2nd draft
- Illness as ‘Deviance’, Work as Glittering Salvation and the ‘Psyching-up’ of the Medical Model: Strategies for Getting The Sick ‘Back To Work’.
- Man made nuclear disaster adds to Japan's ordeals
- The left and the denial of dialectics
- The Marginalization of Smokers Benefits Corporate Interests and Conditions the Populace to Accept Totalitarian Policies
- New blog format for International Green Socialist Magazine. Go to …rnationalgreensocialist.wordpress.com Please retweet. 5 years ago
- Daniel Pitt on Clegg's clueless Youth Contract charade. Plus more at internationalgreensocialist.org 5 years ago
Category Archives: Feminism
By Daniel Pitt The patriarchal oppression of women shapes every civilisation in our modern world, although there are pivotal differences in what form this oppression takes because gender relations are always interwoven with class, race, sexuality and other social relations. Women … Continue reading
By Soma Marik, in Calcutta. The Current Mobilizations over Rape: As a historian, I know that the actions very often have highly unintended consequences. Historical turning points occur, not because deep planning willed them into existence, but at the intersection … Continue reading
By Daniel Pitt Jeremy Hunt’s venomous attack on abortion rights last month has undoubtedly disturbed millions of women in modern Britain, and would, in an isolated case, shine a light on the misguided misogyny of a prominent Conservative Party minister. … Continue reading
Occupy's Lack of Interest in the Issues of Women and Other Marginalized Groups Parallels the Narrowness of Occupy's Focus
Heidi Stevenson is an Occupy supporter, but is still troubled by a serious lack of inclusion. The coverage of the Occupy Movement has stirred the soul, given hope to the masses, and no one has been more thrilled by it … Continue reading
By Gill Thorburn The first part of this article was inspired by a recent publication by the Socialist Party which considers the present conditions that prevail for women in our society, and the historical continuities they represent. The second focuses … Continue reading